October 14, 2014

2014 American League Awards

Every year I get to cast a vote towards the Boston Chapter of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance annual awards.  I usually post my ballot here ahead of time, with lengthy explanations defending my vote.   I was a little late this year, and although I was able to cast my ballot ahead of the deadline, did not have time to post my ballot here.

So.. without further commentary, here were my votes for this year's awards.


(You may take a look at Boston Red Thoughts to see the official entry that the Boston Chapter submitted to the BBA)

Connie Mack (manager)
1 Lloyd McClendon
2 Ned Yost
3 Buck Showalter

Willie Mays (rookie)
1 Jose Abreu
2 Yordano Ventura
3 Marcus Stroman

Goose Gossage (reliever)
1 Delin Botances
2 Greg Holland
3 Andrew Miller

Walter Johnson (pitcher)
1 Corey Kluber
2 Felix Hernandez
3 Phil Hughes
4 Jon Lester
5 Chris Sale

Stan Musial (mvp)
1 Mike Trout
2 Victor Martinez
3 Corey Kluber
4 Jose Altuve
5 Robinson Cano
6 Miguel Cabrera
7 Nelson Cruz
8 Felix Hernandez
9 Adam Jones
10 Michael Brantley

No comments:

Post a Comment